Uc Berkeley Articulation Agreement

General learning conventions identify a course model that can meet the requirements of lower general education services. The model a student should follow depends on whether transfer colleges and majors are being considered, and ask a Berkeley City College counselor for help understanding the most appropriate choice. Education agreements include: Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), which is mainly used for multi-UC application and/or UCs and CSUs – this is not recommended for high proportion majors. CSU-GE Broad requirements are only used for applications from CSU member states; and UC campus-specific agreements are sometimes an option that is used based on the combination of transfer universities and majors. The following information is designed for Community College staff and teachers to support the course building process. If you are a student or councillor at a community college who wants information about admission to the College of Environmental Design (CED), please read the Undergraduate Admissions section on our website. Important: Please work with your college`s joint manager to initiate the verification process. DEC staff are happy to answer your questions, but the formal licensing process is managed by your articulation manager. There are different types of articulation chords. The first step in the construction of the articulation is the election credit, courses that are transferred at least as a lower division credit, but not necessarily general education or essential requirements.

Course-to-course (by department) Articulation agreements explain how certain courses taught in a community school can be used instead of certain courses at the receiving (or transferring) institution, which may meet general educational or primary preparation requirements. Applicants must complete all the basic preparation courses necessary to be admitted. Please check ASSIST.org to see the articulation agreement between the University of California, Berkeley and your college. Not all 4-year-old university campuses offer articulation with any university in the community or for all their majors or departments. Many 4-year-olds focus on their main foster colleges. This does not mean that you cannot transfer as a student. This means that you must speak directly to a Berkeley City College counselor and a 4-year admissions counselor. In addition, each 4-year-old university campus will have different joints with different community universities, even if they are colleges in the same district. For example, Berkeley City College, College of Alameda, Merritt and Laney have different articulation agreements, although they are sister schools.

Nor can you assume that a community college course is accepted in the same way at different 4-year universities. UC Berkeley, for example, does not automatically use a course like UC Los Angeles. Berkeley: Please visit ASSIST.org for the latest articulation chords. DavisIrvineLos AngelesMercedRiverside San Diego: Please visit ASSIST.org for the latest articulation agreements. Santa BarbaraSanta Cruz CED is very keen to enter into joint agreements with California community colleges across the state.