Special Educational Needs
It is the aim of the school that each child should achieve the highest possible standards of academic attainment and personal development by:
- Creating an environment that meets the special educational needs of each child.
- Identifying, assessing and making provision for all children who need special consideration to support their physical, social, emotional or intellectual development
- Ensuring that these children are immediately given appropriate support to allow every child full access to the National Curriculum
- Making clear the expectations of all partners in the process
- Ensuring that parents are able to play their part in supporting their child’s education
- Ensuring that these children are fully integrated into all activities of the school
- Ensuring that our children have a voice in this process.
All pupils have individual needs. Many of these can be met within the normal environment of the classroom for most of the time through a differentiated curriculum. Likewise, some children have special needs all of the time.
A link to our SEN Information Report 2018-2019 can be found below:
Find out about our SEN provision here: SEN-Provision Map
Please read our Special Educational Needs and Disability policy for 2018-2019 here: