We are a Church of England school, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced level clearance from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and Children’s Barred List (CBL) check.
We currently have the following vacancy:
SPECIAL EDUCATION NEEDS CO-ORDINATOR (SENCo)
Start date: 1st January 2020
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLR2
Contract: Part time (80/100) and permanent
Vacancy Expires: 09.00am on Monday 2nd December 2019
NQTs considered? No
We are looking for an inspirational, creative and influential SENCo to join our Senior LeadershipTeam.
The Chandler Junior School, a thriving and popular three form entry Junior school in Witley near Godalming, is looking for a SENCo to work four days a week from January 2020. The successful applicant will lead and manage SEND provision across the School, have overall responsibility for supporting Pupil Premium children and take on a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) role. The ideal candidate will have SENCo experience and may already hold the NASENCO qualification.
The successful applicant:
- Will be a confident and motivated leader with the ability and knowledge to take strategic responsibility for SEN across the School
- Will have experience of working with children with a range of additional needs
- Will have a particular passion for ensuring that SEN pupils achieve their potential
- Will have the ability to lead, direct and manage a team of SEN support staff
- Will be able to build strong relationships with parents/carers and professionals
- Will be a strong team player who is very well organised and has a creative and flexible approach
- Will contribute fully to the work of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
We can offer:
- Fabulous children
- A forward-looking, creative school with a caring Christian ethos
- A staff team committed to high quality teaching and learning
- A fantastic team comprising Learning Support Assistants, a dedicated SEN Admin Assistant, Home School Link Worker and High Level Teaching Assistants.
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- Supportive governors, parents and community
- Well-resourced classrooms and exceptional outdoor space and facilities for sports and outdoor learning
Further information about the role can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification.
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please call the School Office to make an appointment.
Closing date: Monday 2nd December 2019 (09.00am)
Shortlisting: Monday 2nd December 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 4th December 2019
The Chandler CofE(A) Junior School is a Church School and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this job, please download an application form (CVs will not be accepted).
Please email your completed form to Mrs Sandra Gorringe, School Secretary, The Chandler CofE(A) Junior School at the email address shown on the Application Form.
Job Description: SENCo Job Description
Person Specification: SENCo Person Specification
Application Form: SENCo Application Form
This vacancy is also being advertised on the e-Teach website.