The governing body works to oversee the school and make sure it provides a good quality education for its pupils.
Working in partnership with the head and school staff, governors are strategically involved in the following:
• setting the school’s aims and policies;
• improving standards of teaching and achievement;
• setting the school’s budget plan and monitoring expenditure;
• interviewing and appointing teachers and support staff;
• acting as a link between the local community and the school;
• dealing with complaints about the school;
• drawing up the school development plan and monitoring the success of the plan
The full governing body meets twice a term to review progress and the direction of the school as well as to vote on significant decisions. All governors also serve on at least one of the Resources or Children & Learning committees.