Parent Governor Election…. We didn’t receive any nominations to fill the vacancy for a Parent Governor by the 20th November deadline. In line with the regulations, if insufficient parents/carers stand for election, the Governing Body can either appoint a parent governor or seek further nominations. Being a governor is an important and rewarding role, giving you the opportunity to make a difference to the lives and education of all our children. Governors support the school’s ethos and work with the school to ensure all our children achieve well. If, on reflection, you are interested in finding out more about being a governor at the school, please contact Sarah Bryan firstname.lastname@example.org who can arrange for you to speak with one of our governors.
Ann Fraser, Chair of Governors
The governing body works to oversee the school and make sure it provides a good quality education for its pupils.
Working in partnership with the head and school staff, governors are strategically involved in the following:
• setting the school’s aims and policies;
• improving standards of teaching and achievement;
• setting the school’s budget plan and monitoring expenditure;
• interviewing and appointing teachers and support staff;
• acting as a link between the local community and the school;
• dealing with complaints about the school;
• drawing up the school development plan and monitoring the success of the plan
The full governing body meets twice a term to review progress and the direction of the school as well as to vote on significant decisions. All governors also serve on at least one of the Resources or Children & Learning committees.