The Chandler Junior School 2025
Our Vision is of a school which:
- is child centred and Christ centred; the beating heart of our local community,
- is the “go to” school for pupils, parents, staff and all who enter our gates, equally embracing those of faith, other faiths and no faith,
- is inclusive, providing opportunities for every child to find and develop their strengths and talents so that all may shine, celebrated for who they are, and who they are becoming.
- ensures physical health and mental wellbeing are paramount, fostered and promoted,
- places Values to the fore, where children are equipped to become responsible citizens of their community and the wider world,
- has relationships at its heart, where the beliefs and thoughts of others are respected and listened to.
Our Vision is of Teaching and Learning
- which is excellent, purposeful and fun
- within a curriculum strongly rooted in the local community,
- that is both broad in opportunity and rich in experience,
- which is both cross-curricular and creative,
- that is practical, investigative and at first hand,
- which enables each child’s needs to be met,
- where Music, Drama and Art are areas of excellence and enhance the reputation of the school,
- which encourages healthy, active living through top quality, inclusive, high achieving PE provision,
- that embraces new technologies; enlivening and facilitating learning for all, in a safe and sustainable way.
Our Vision is of a learning environment
- in which we can take pride; rich in potential; supportive and stimulating,
- which is digitally astute,
- that maximises spaces for learning in the building and takes full advantage of our grounds,
- which is environmentally responsible.
Our Vision is of
- a school which is an asset to its community – its buildings, grounds and resources in use by the school during the day and by the community out of hours,
- a school which stands proud in a network of local schools, working collaboratively in the best interests of each community, sharing expertise, resources and opportunities for the good of all,
- a school which fosters and develops the next generation of teachers,
- a place of excellence in learning regardless of age – preparing pupils for their best life in the global community and equipping staff with the tools to be the best they can be.